Sunday, September 1, 2019

Review of Stefanos Pizza Hardin Valley


 In today's blog, we are reviewing a place that as a kid I enjoyed a lot. It's been a long time since I have been to Stefanos but I have always had good things to say about the place.  The original spot is on the Cumberland Avenue Strip. It's very nostalgic and has been part of Tennessee culture since I was a kid. Today, we went west and checked out the new restaurant on Hardin Valley.  Let's see what this place has to offer.

When I first hit the door,  I was blown away by the set up. It was 1 PM on a Saturday and football was all around me. I mean this place was immaculate. Big screen TVs everywhere, place in the perfect spot to stay tuned in to multiple games. If you want to do a draft party for your fantasy football league, this place would serve the purpose.

Another plus about the restaurant is that it's very spacious.  At the time I was there, there wasn't a big crowd but just looking across the room, the set up was made to make sure people were not on top of each other. Also, if you did have a big party,  there is enough room to cater to that size of crowd as well.

The bar area I was very impressed with. This bar had all that you wanted and more. They have a great selection of draft beers to choose from. If you are looking for cocktails,  they also have you covered. The bar area also is very spacious and would be a place for a group of friends after work or catching a quick drink by yourself.  And who doesn't like a little pizza and beer action?

Now, let's talk about the food. If you are a pizza person, this place will not disappoint.  The pizza is some of the best in the city and one of the only places I know that serves up this Italian goodness on a wheat crust. (Yes a wheat crust!! Don't knock it until you try it) Now, they already have their own preset combinations available but you can build you own. The pricing of the pizza is very reasonable and is going to be spot on with any other restaurant in the city.

But pizza is not the only thing on the menu.  They have sandwiches available,  one being a Philly Cheesesteak. (Might be my next selection the second time around.) For the people out there living that healthy like, they have salads available to go a long with your pizza or eat has an entree.

All in all, my visit I thoroughly enjoyed.  I got some good Chicago-style pizza and got to watch a plethora of college football at the same time. The only thing that threw me off a little is the wait for the pizza. And the reason for this is that I went in forgetting that this pizza takes time to cook. It's not like the restaurants with the 800 degree wood stoves.  These pizzas take time and you will be glad you waited. 

This restaurant gets a 4X tee in my book and you better know that I will be back. Tell a friend and treat yourself to some Stefanos Pizza!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment