Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Review for Half Barrel Cumberland Avenue

Three in a week, ladies and gents I believe I am on to something.  Like to give a shout out to our sponsor, Cut by Reggie.  If you are looking for a barber, Cuts by Reggie has you covered.  Any style, he's got you covered.  Catch him at Diamond Cutz at 4720 Western Ave Knoxville, TN 37921.
Now, to the review.  Today's spot was chosen for our men's Fella-ship that we have monthly.  We usually go every last Sunday of the month but decide to add a mid-month meal. (Who are we kidding, it was just another excuse to eat.)
Now this was my first time at Half Barrel so I was impressed with the set up. It has a wide open space that leads you directly to the patio out back. There deck is the place for those who don't smoke (21 and up) so just a heads up. It's a perfect place for a quick gathering if you are in or on this side of town.
So the menu is pretty basic.  It's a bar so you will see the usual great bites. (Burgers, fries and you know they got some wings.) But you know there are more delicious items on the menu but we came for the wings and guess what, we are getting to the wings.
Now, the selection of wing sauces they provided were pretty simple,  a set of hot sauces ranging from mild to extreme heat. Then they hit you with a selection of dry rubs. Tonight was a dry rub kind of night.  Tonight's choice,  Spicy Cajun w a side of Spicy Barbecue.
Our waitress did a great job. She recommended items that we might like and made sure our cups were full and our needs were covered.  The food got out in a good time frame. We have waited 10 minutes at the max for our food. (I may be cutting the time a little short but it was fast.)
Now let's talk about these wings. The dry rub ratio on the wings was very good. The rub was one of the better ones I have had in the city. The Spicy Cajun gave you just enough kick that you could enjoy and not feel like you need a picture of water.  I had the Barbecue sauce for my fries and may I say I was impressed with it, very tasty.
Now here comes my only complaint for the evening. It seems like this may be an epidemic across the city. Tell me why these wings were so small? I really enjoyed them but man, I could have probably at another order to get full off of. But this place isn't the only one in the city with this wing deficiency.  Let's stop the teasing good people, bring us the bountiful wings.
All in all it was a good evening.  We at good. We had great conversation and the meal wasn't half bad. (They also had Happy Hour going so the wings were only 6.00.) I would recommend this place to any of my people for a nice little hangout or to catch a game. 3X Tee, almost a 4 but the wings need a little more size.
Well, I hope you enjoy this review. Don't forget  to share and let me know what you think. Until the next time, make sure you making time to treat yourself!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment