Sunday, September 8, 2019

Review for Fu House Western Ave

So today I went to a restaurant that I have been wanting to go to for a while. I have heard nothing but good things about Fu House and decided today was the day for a meal. When you have expectations for a place of word of mouth you tend to think it's a no-brainer that the food will be on point. This time is not one of those time.
When you enter the restaurant it has the feel of most of the Chinese restaurants around the city. You have a standard menu with the usual suspects. I was pleasantly surprised to see Bourbon Chicken on the menu.
I place my order for the Bourbon Chicken and prepare myself for some good Chinese food.  The food came out quick. From the picture I attached to the post everything looked exceptional.  Taking my first bite, everything went downhill fast.
The meal was very underwhelming.  The food had no steam coming off and was warm at best. The sauce had great flavor and was the only positive.  The rice was dry and cold as well. The wool had been pulled over my eyes. I had been hoodwinked, bamboozled. (I know, a little extra but I was let down.) And to top it off, I was given a stale fortune cookie with no fortune. (Now that's just petty. Lol)
All in all, this may be my last time visiting Fu House. I may go back to try the General Tso but it's not promising.  When you go to a restaurant and expect better you leave with a bad taste in your mouth.  This trip gets a 1X Tee and that's being generous.
So, this one trip does not stop the mission.  We are still going out to find this best spots in Knoxville to highlight our growing food community.  So, let me know where I should go next and don't forget to Treat Yourself!!!!


2 comments: