Sunday, September 15, 2019

Review of Asian Cafe Callahan Road

So today's blog is about  restaurant that I had for the first time. First off, big shout out to the broski. My brother,  Brantley Taylor, celebrated another year of life and his graduation for his bachelor's degree.  So what better way to celebrate than with some hibachi-style Asian cuisine.
The restaurant is a new location and has a cool set up. You have two sides to the restaurant.  You have what I will call the "family" side where you get the full show. Your food is cooked in front of you and the chef gives you some great entertainment.  He gets the people in the table involved, which is a great way to spend a dinner with family.

The other side of the restaurant,  one I will have to go back for, is the "adult" side. I can't talk too much about it without seeing it but I know they have a karaoke set up that we get a lot of people excited and yes I am a lot of people.

Now let's talk about what we really came for. Again,  this restaurant is perfect for a family dinner.  When the chef sets the stove top on fire and the heat hits your face, it gets you excited for what's to come. The chef did an amazing job. He not only entertained but answered questions my son and nephew had. He also catered to everyone at the table. The waitress did a good job of making sure we were good on drinks and all other things. And I still haven't talked about food. (I promise I am getting there.)

One last thing I want to talk about before the food is how awesome it was for the staff to come out and sing Happy birthday to my brother.  They have their own way of celebrating their customers on their day. They have this traditional mask they have the person where during this celebration and even have the birthday guy or gal do a little boogie. (This part was priceless.)

Now, finally,  let's talk about this food. There are plenty of different places that offer the same style. You all know the names. But I can truly say this place might be my new favorite.  The rice was good of course, you don't expect a miss there but it can happen.  The vegetables are cooked perfectly to me. They had a nice crunch and the seasoning was on point.  Now he gave out a sample of the shrimp to those that didn't order and I was mad at him for that. (Kidding, who is gonna be mad at free food?) The shrimp was legit and I was ready for more. I got the chicken and I was not disappointed.  The chicken was seasoned well and very tender.  At times, I have had chicken in the past that did disappoint at these types of restaurants.
And you have options.  Steak and salmon are both on the menu.

All in all, I was impressed for my first time. I will be back for sure.  The whole experience is one that I would recommend to anyone.  I will also be checking out the other side so I can give the people what they want. (I know that the people want to hear this crooning from ya boy.)
But my grade is going to be a 4X Tee and you best believe I might have to do this for my birthday.

Let me know what you think of the blog and if you have suggestions,  feel free to let me know. Take the time to enjoy the little things in life and make sure you treat yourself!!!

2 comments: