Thursday, November 7, 2019

Review for Hwy 55 at West Town Mall

Good evening and thank you in advance for reading today's blog. It's been a while I know but tonight I went to a place I have been wanting to check out for a while. It was suggested by one of my minis so we went and checked it out.

Hwy 55 restaurants have been popping up all over the area and made me curious to what type of restaurant it may be. When you hit the door,  you get the nostalgic vibes that they are going for. You are hit by the classic hits of the 50s and 60s. (A lot of you may not understand why the music is so important but music is major for this type of restaurant.) The place was decked out with vinyl on the walls and pics of popular celebrities of the time. For this, I was impressed. 

Our waitress tonight was good. She made sure we were good at all times. It wasn't too busy so this situation can be troublesome with the wrong waiter or waitress because they feel they don't have to work. This was not the case and I was pleased with the service. 

Now let's talk about the food. I love the fact that the burger was cooked on a flattop stove. It got the good crisp that you are looking for in a dinner burger but it tasted like it was left on the flattop a little too long,  dried out the burger.  You were given a choice of fries or tots, which was a plus. The tots I got were good and crispy on the outside and had lots of flavor. (Lil buddy wasn't too impressed with the fries and was sure to give me his opinion on it. Lol)

For the price I paid I really shouldn't expect the extraordinary, 14.16 total for us both, but it could have been better.  This may be one of the few times I was somewhat underwhelmed with the food but the music gave me life.

So I will give this place a 2X Tee. Maybe I will go back or maybe not. If you want something quick while you are at the mall, for a far price,  this place can't miss. It may be I had my expectations a little too high and it might have effected the outcome, but it's a must that I stay true.

I hope you guys enjoy this review and let me know what you think.  Make sure to enjoy all the good things around you but most importantly make sure you treat yourself!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment