Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Review of Cru Bistro and Wine Bar Gay St. Downtown Knoxville

We start this review with giving a big shout to our sponsor for the evening,  DaVett Jones and Life Vision Solutions.  For all your needs from life insurance to stocks, when it comes to money,  money,  money and how to invest, grow and build a legacy,  she is your go to. Visit her at iamwealthynow.com and let her help you change your life.



So this blog is an impromptu.  Tonight we had a meeting of the minds and wanted to grab a bite to eat in the process.  Well, I was chosen to pick the restaurant.  What I found is that we have a lot of places that run weekly specials and I will need to make my rounds.  Tonight's special lead us to Cru Bistro and Wine Bar. 

The restaurant is kind of quaint and gave a very low key, chill vibe. A perfect place for a first date, small meeting or function with friends.  And I had my first encounter with the 5.99 burger and fries special. 

Now I have made post on Facebook and Instagram asking you guys where the best burger in town is. Let's just say I had a burger tonight that is giving everyone a run for their money. 

Let's just start out with the price, $5.99!!!! How many places in the city can you go and get a quality burger,  with fries for 5.99? Not too many and for the price you get more than your money's worth. 

Let's start with the burger.  It's served on a nice brioche bun that compliments the burger burger.  It's served with American cheddar but you have your choices of cheese to choose from. (I went with provolone because well that's my kinda cheese. ) The cheese is melted lovely all over the burger.  Now the toppings are simple: lettuce and tomato. (This simplicity works for this burger. ) And then you are served a garlic mayo on the side.

Now some may say what makes this burger so good. Why do I feel like it is on off the best? Anybody could make this burger.  Well I will answer this question like this. With how simple the burger is put together,  it can easily be trash. If it is cooked the wrong way,  you will know after the first bite. This burger made you want another bite,  then another and another. 

But you want to know what really took the burger to the next level,  the fries!!!!  I don't know how many times I have had a burger that was decent but the fries made the whole combo trash. (Or maybe it's just me, I don't know.) But this fries were fresh, thick steak cut and served hot. Also, they seasoned these bad boys to perfection. 

I was pleasantly surprised with this meal and will be back for sure. I do believe Cru has one of the best burgers in town and will hold its own against any restaurant. 

Well, this is a top-notch restaurant and I would refer this place to anyone.  Maybe next visit will be for brunch but who knows, the return trip for the burger is a must. 5X Tee with no hesitation for Cru.

As always,  thank you for reading and showing love. Love hearing your feedback and how you check out this and the other restaurants I have featured. (Well, one not so much but sometimes you gotta try things for yourself. ) Make sure to enjoy all the ones in your life but also, make sure you treat yourself!!!!!






5 comments: