Friday, November 22, 2019

Review for Savelli's on Sutherland Avenue

Good afternoon and I hope everyone is having a fantastic day!!! Today, I ate local. Today, I went to a restaurant that I have passed on several occasions and told myself I need to go. Well I made it happen and went for some Italian today.

Savelli's is a mom and pop restaurant that was established in 1993. Several people I know have told me great things about the food and being that Italian may be my favorite type of food, I can't miss. Plus going to a place like this insures you will receive some of the most authentic food in the city. It's a small establishment so make sure you get there early. Open Monday-Saturday,  11a-2p for lunch and 4p-9p for dinner. 

The menu gives you all the classics that you expect with some servings of the house specials. Pricing for the food is fair being this is a mom and pop restaurant and cost can run higher.  They have desserts and the whole nine but after my meal a dessert would have had me a sleep at my table.

Today I went with ome of my favorite dishes, Baked Ziti.  When it comes to Italian food, if your ziti is not on point,  the rest of your food is probably bad as well.  Today was not the case. The Baked Ziti was phenomenal.  The portion size they give you is the right amount for a big boy like myself, could easily be 2 meals for a light eater. The sauce was robust and had lots of flavor.  Everything blended so well and the cheese was melted down to perfection. (The stretch on the cheese was award-winning stretch in my eyes.) And the wait for service and food were minimal which is always a plus.

This restaurant will see me again for sure. The people were friendly,  the food was great and I was full at the end.  This place gets a 5X tee from me and I recommend you check it out for yourself. 

We are coming up on Thanksgiving so let's make sure we surround ourselves with the ones we love and most importantly make sure to treat yourself!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment