Sunday, October 13, 2019

Review of Oakwood Gourmet BBQ Food Truck

So, this will be my first review of a food truck in the area. If you know me, you know I have love for food trucks.  Food Truck Park was an event that I looked forward to each and every month.  This event brought together some of the best food trucks in the city. It gave you a chance to taste different food genres,  different ethnicities and made you root for the people taking a chance to bring out what made them happy,  providing you with an abundance of food variety.

I woke up this morning with the intent of doing a blog but still hadn't decided on a place. A get a call and get invited to World's Fair Park. I am told there is a BBQ spot that might be one of the best in town. I have been wanted some BBQ and well if I am told it may be one of the best in town, it's only right I check it out.

I get downtown and see that there is an event in progress.  I see of pink is in the area, Breast Cancer Awareness Walk. (A great cause to contribute to. I believe we all have been affected in some way by this disease.) I link up with one of my best friends from high school and we hit the park. There are a few trucks but there was one in particular that he talked about,  Oakwood Gourmet BBQ. He begins to tell me a story of how he found out about the food truck. He is adamant about the brisket and continues to rave about their food.  We finally get to the window and it's time to put this food to the test, Fat Boy Style!!!

The first thing I want to focus on is the menu. These guys had their menu down to what you look to find in a good BBQ spot. Sometimes people can get over zealous when it comes to BBQ and the menu suffers because you are doing too much. Simple menu equals great BBQ!!! (In most situations)
The pricing for the menu was right on point in my opinion.  I don't believe they were gouging your pockets.  I feel they set the price right in the pocket for Knoxville.

Saying that, let's now get down to the nitty gritty!!!  To say a place is one of the best, the bar is being set pretty high. If you are told something is the best and it doesn't meet your expectations, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth and you probably will not come back to that place. Well, that was not the case today!! I tell you this truck is one of the places you will follow and find out where they will be next. (If you want to follow them, they are on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.) You will thank me later!!!

So I got my Fat Boy on today for sure. I got the pulled pork and brisket.  I also got three sides, smoked macaroni and cheese,  loaded potato salad and Texas Style pinto beans. (I am living up to the name, don't judge me!!! Lol) The meat was awesome.  The pulled pork was so tender and moist.  They both were seasoned well and really didn't need any kind of sauce.  (I tried the pork with the sauce and it didn't bring down the quality.) Now this brisket was so good. This brisket was the best I have had hands down in the city. So tender, seasoned to perfection and the smoke ring was just like you see on those cooking shows.(Another hobby of mine. Showing my age.) But really,  it was fork tender and the taste had you wanting more.

I was also impressed with the sides. My favorite of the three I had was the loaded potato salad.  If you love potato salad like I do, this is a twist you will thoroughly enjoy.  The Texas Style pinto beans were a plus. It was a change from the BBQ beans we usually have at bbqs.  The mac and cheese was good. It was somewhat of a letdown because I was looking for a little something different and it seemed like a very simple side dish. (You have the option to add meat and maybe I should have tried it that way.)

This food truck is one of the best in the city. The quality is above par and you will want to come back for more. These guys are bringing a quality that we all want and need when it comes to food. If you get a chance,  check them out and you will see what I am talking about.

This truck gets the first  5X Tee and it is well deserved.  I wish these guys all the best as they move forward and know that I will be back and will be recommending this to all my people.

I hope you enjoy this review.  Please share and feel free to follow, like and share on Facebook and Instagram.  Make sure to show love to all but make sure you take the time to treat yourself!!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment