Thursday, October 3, 2019

Review for Slawgers on Kingston Pike












Now all the talk about burgers this week so I had to find a place to have one. I wanted to find a place I hadn't been so yesterday I went to Slawgers.
Now if you are on Facebook,  you may have seen the ads like me. I have seen pictures of food, ads for bands and ads showing them expanding their hours. All of these things sparked my interest so why not give them a try.

Let's start with the people of Slawgers.  The staff was very friendly and seemed genuine with how they took care of me. Starting with the hostesses, who greet you at the door with friendly smiles and make you feel welcome.  I was waited on by the bartender Bri and she made sure that all my needs were met throughout my visit.  One of the big things for me is that the hostesses came by a few times and made sure I was good as well. They also made it a point to feel me in on the activities for the week at the restaurant. (Trivia on Wednesdays and Thursdays, Singo on Fridays and live music on Fridays and Saturdays.  If I got anything wrong charge it to my head not my heart. Lol)

Let's get to the menu.  I was pretty surprised with the options they had in their menu. The vibe is your average bar feel, TVs all around with sports action. (Shout out to the Tampa Bay Rays on their victory last night.) But the menu is well-rounded.  You have great appetizers, I had the cheese sticks.  They have your usually entrees,  burgers, wings, tenders etc. But then step it up with tacos and quesadillas.  The have pizzas, that can be for yourself or feed 2 with a large. There were other choices as well that you don't find in many places, one being white chicken chili. (I will be back for that off top. White chicken chili is a break from the norm and warms you up.)

So since all week I have been flapping my gums about burgers,  I decided to have one last night.  I got the Betty White burger.  It was a double patty burger with white American cheese, lettuce,  pickles, onions and the rest of your standard toppings.  The name itself gets major points.  (All their items have unique names which was a plus for the restaurant.)  It was served your choice of side. I got fries and they met the standard.  The burger was very good. Two patties, that were cooked correctly, juicy as can be. The toppings were just the right amount and didn't take away from the flavor of the burger. (This burger has got me ready to find the best burger in town and was a great start for my journey.)

If you are in West Knoxville,  this spot would be great for lunch or dinner.  Also the variety on the menu gives even the pickiest eater something they will enjoy.  This place gets a 4X Tee and I will for sure be back.
Well, I hope as always you enjoy the blog.  Let me know what you think.  I now have a Facebook and Instagram page.  (Logo on profile and look for Fat Boy Problems) I hope you have a great week,  a greater weekend and you take a little time to treat yourself!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. I've been wondering about what that place was all about. Now I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good place for a meal. Chill atmosphere as well

      Delete
  2. Everything we've tried has been sooo good . You have to go back and eat through that huge menu to be properly titled fatboy! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to put them on the To Do list.

    ReplyDelete