Sunday, October 27, 2019

Review of Corner 16 on Middlebrook Pike

I want to start this blog off with a big shout out to Cuts by Reggie for today's sponsorship.  If you are looking for a barber in the Knoxville area,  go see Reggie and the rest of the team at Diamond Cutz on Western Avenue.

So today's restaurant is one that I have passed many times but never stopped in.  Well today I finally went in to see what the restaurant is all about. 

It's a very nice restaurant and the atmosphere is one that you can enjoy with your friends and/or family.  A very spacious place with options to sit inside or out. It has entertainment for the kids as well. (A ping pong table and cornhole are available.)

The menu has more of a home feeling to it. This menu is going to be appealing to all and will give you a chance to try different things that you may have not tried before.  They put their own little twist on their meals and that really stood out to me. 

The pricing of the food is a fair rate. You will get your money's worth here. The portions were more than enough and could be shared amongst 2 people. Now let's talk about what we consumed today.

Now they had a brunch menu and it had some items that interested me but today I was looking for a hearty, comforting meal. Something that fills me up and puts that itis on me. (It's a struggle to write this right now. Eyes are heavy. Lol)


Today we started with the loaded tater tots.  Now these delicious nuggets will throw you off at first. They take the potato and dice it up. They then add cheese and bacon to the diced potatoes and proceed to make them into fried morsels of starchy goodness. (After the first bite, you will not stop eating them.

So, I decided to go a little healthier with my choice.  I got a house salad to accompany my Smokehouse Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes.  Thing is, the salad was a meal within itself.  I could have easily at the salad and been satisfied. (Check the pic below. ) But we can't stop at a salad,  just isn't right.

Let's talk about this meatloaf and mashed potatoes.  The meatloaf was very moist and delicious.  Not everyone can make meatloaf and I was pleasantly surprised with how moist the meatloaf was.  And then you put some smoky mash potatoes on the side. What a combination!!!!! (And they top it off with some scratch-made brown gravy.)

I took some pics of the meal my guy Cuts by Reggie got. He had the Turkey and Dressing with green beans. That plate looked like a prelude to the greatest holiday in the world,  Thanksgiving. (Peep the cranberry sauce on the side.)

After a meal like this, you gotta have dessert right? Yes indeed!!!! I finished my meal with a nice chocolate milkshake.  It was so thick and creamy.  The whipped cream and cherry on top gave it a feel of an old school soda shop. (Check out the Icebox Lemon Cheesecake my guy flexed on.)

And before I end this, I have to give a shout out to our server J.P. He did an excellent job taking care of us and that goes a long way. The customer service makes you want to return.

All in all, this was a great dining experience.  The service, along with the food made sure I would return for another meal. This place gets a 5X Tee for sure. And I will be back sooner than later believe me.

Make sure you like, follow and share with your friends . Thank you as always for your support and would love to hear your feedback.  Remember to take time and enjoy the ones you love. But most importantly,  make sure to treat yourself!!!!!!
















4 comments:

  1. You've got me sold. Im ready to try them out. Thanks CT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt. They have the magic combo: good food and great service!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The onion rings are great! Turkey and dressing, delish! I like this restaurant!

    ReplyDelete